Follow these steps to install an XD plugin:
Check the version of your Adobe XD, and make sure that you are running the latest version of Adobe XD on your machine.
Instaling a Plugin
- Download the plugin package.
- If you received a .zip file, unzip the file and locate the .xdx extension in the folder you have after unzipping the file.
- Make sure that you have the Adobe XD opened and you are on a document.
- Double-click on the .xdx file and you will see a verification panel. Click on the Install button.
- If the plugin is installed successfully, you will see the following pop-up.
If you already have the same plugin installed, you will be prompted to overwrite the plugin. If you are installing a newer version of the plugin, you can procedd with overwriting the existing one by clicking on the Overwrite button.
Finding the plugin in XD after installing
After the plugin is successfully installed, you will be able to locate the plugin under the Plugins tab in the top menu.